With NFTs, Crypto, and Blockchain becoming more mainstream, online marketplaces like digital art platforms have never been more relevant. However, until recently, life has been very difficult for artists to portray and sell their art in art galleries. Our team saw this as an opportunity to not only introduce artists to crypto space and enable them to sell digital art online but also donate to modern social causes.
What it does
- Through our platform artists can upload their digital art and create an NFT for the art.
- Anyone on the platform can buy the artists art (NFT) using crypto.
- When a consumer buys the NFT, the ownership will transfer from seller to buyer.
- Ten percent or more (if the artist chooses) of the proceeds will go to a charitable organization of the artists choice.
- Depending on the amount of money donated towards a cause will determine the artist's position on our leaderboard.
How we built it
- Blockchain, Vue.js, Hedera Token Service, NFT.
- React, Node.js, Docker.
- We also used Figma .
Challenges we ran into
Most of our team members barely knew anything about cryptocurrencies and blockchains. We took on this project knowing full on that we will have to do a lot of work (and suffer), and we are proud that we were able to build this project. We ran into errors on front-end and back-end parts but by searching on Google and reading through documentations, we figured them out.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Creating an interface that creates NFT's
- Creating a frontend that properly represents our platform
What we learned
A lot about digital collectibles, NFT, Crypto currency, Block chain, Front-end development, Figma, React and many more technologies.
What's next for Influenza
In future we hope to expand on the website, adding more functionality to the components and ensuring security of transactions and streamlining the NFT creation process.