Access best practices & deliver own story securely, MyData conform, in1click at TORI, corner of IoThings, via TRUST to public library books
#TheStickyHabit of secure&simple #OneGestureAccess to #TheNextGenerationInternet, #Self-Sovereign #DID #eIDAS, #UpCode sticker from #oeBook
There is more info at our fingertips during a walk in the woods than on any computer, yet people find a walk relaxing, comps frustrating (c)
MyData IndiviDUALbooks / Open Europe books / oeBooks
Pitch, version 1 (5 minutes + 2 min. video)
Slide 1 MyData IndiviDUALbooks / Open Europe books / oeBooks enable access to user context-relevant content, in1touch of public library book, enriched by MyData Label-Buttton.
It is B2G2C / B2CoOp2C service for mass dissemination of human-centric practices.
Slide 2 ISSUES. Our digital behavior is inherently flawed. It was ‘top-down digitized’ by GAFAM conquistadors, since they conquered our digital spaces - and is worsened by this crisis**. We are digitized by FEAR, for surveillance: https://bit.ly/oeSneeze
Digital gap & disTRUST to public governance grow: by over half of Finns, in last year.
Hence the PROBLEM, that we're solving: New-era Learning & experts’ ETHICAL advises are not accessible for most of citizen. Example:
- how to choose a safe app (e.g. COVID19 contact tracing), from millions of apps in app stores; vs. Google+Apple's ?
- approved by reliable experts;
- secure for even illiterate user.
Slide 3 SOLUTION: *oeBook is on-demand printed, in one copy per user, by SECURE printing method, in SmartPaper.fi book cover design, to protect user data. This is oeBook prototype that I GIFTed to the local library in Espoo, one of the most innovative cities in the world. Espoo city-as-a-service & City-as-MyData-Operator concepts help to R&D our Bœks4digital-habits approach.
Slide 4 oeBooks are made Accessible-for-All, reducing digital gap & inequality, per SDG #10, by cutting intermediaries in the supply chain; reducing librarians manual jobs. Dissemination of Open Access to user-adjusted Formats and to ETHICAL services is cross-pollinated by NGI Ledger technologies that we utilize.
Slide 5 Our SOLUTION's motto. We empower under-served individuals by 1click-access to #TheNextGenerationInternet (NGI) / #TheWeb!
For wide-spreading the '1click-Sticky-habit' we integrated into the Book's dust jacket
user's eWallet access / detachable sticker - SmartPaper.fi design
the TRUSTed interface, it is MyData button at Public Library books, for mass adoption ETHICAL internet services.
Slide 6 We re-invented the legacy business model of Library books - to printed-on-demand BookOfOne,
when locally not available books are home delivered directly from the book production sites, distributed at-the-last-mile;
and shared Peer-to-Peer by a postman, if needed via unmanned MiniLibrary cabinets, watch 2-min. video:
Slide 7 I am Founding Member of MyData Global, the Finnish non-profit organization, working for people empowerment by ethical processing of personal data; utilizing - among others
- Decentralized Identities for non-surveillance access, like Sovrin SSI (Self-Sovereign Identity/Verifiable Credentials/Disposable Identities)****.
ContractForTheWeb increases Accessibility of internet, oeBooks increase Accessibility of physical books & of #TheWeb for Visually Impaired People;
TheWeb is re-invented by the 'old' internet inventor, Tim Berners-Lee, for people empowerment, bottom-up building.
B2CoOp2C business model embraces Cooperative of MyData Operators; B2G2C - cross-polinates PPP activities like: the “City as a MyData-operator”-program, by Helsinki, Espoo, Oulu, Turku. MyData human-centric approach is recommended by EC in its latest Digital Strategy.
Slide 8 Challenge. How2explain to PL decision maker***, that legacy book business is not conform to hyper-connected world; that public servants may improve society by our win-win-win solution, to abide Accessibility Law & to lessen costs. We incentivize PL by reduced manual jobs & increased availability of books; utilizing oeBook cover's multi-purpose design & Finnish eco-friendly materials.
Slide 9 User journey: a PL patron orders a NON-AVAILABLE book on-demand to home, w/o extra costs, may add & share contents, relevant to user needs. A side-effect: self-printed letters, inserted into oeBook, may save 50 M€.
Slide 10 Our service's impact to the globalization challenges (like AI surveillance) & pandemic crisis:
(1) cures negative consequences of disrupting public (library) services by GAFAM domination on contents & 'nudging': HAPTIC books return to life, enriched by access to Next Generation Internet / NGI, building up NGI Ledger's PHYSICAL, human-senses-friendly backbone
- for fun & Learning, Peer2Peer shared BEYOND library walls. Bottom-up building global media contents & NGinternet
(2) MASS adoption of healthy apps & ETHICAL public (library, digitization) services, with measurable impact: to 60% needed for NGI ubiquity: 40% are current PL users/patrons in Finland + 20% yet under-served, like Visually Impaired People / VIP, only 1 of 20 may use Accessible Format book; marginalized by growing digital gap
(3) safe delivery of (public & MyData Operators') EXPERT advises, relevant to user case & issue
- in1click at oeBook’s MyData button, SMART sticker-show habit, even WITHOUT SMARTPHONE, offline
(4) economical impact: saving 50 M € manual jobs of librarians (per 5 M people); trials in FIN, scale to EU (+ eventual 50 M€ paper letters costs & waste). Canon, case story of the biggest Finnish publisher, Otava: "30% of books are wasted, due to production technology." We nullify waste, by distributed print technology: each BookOfOne is produced only on-demand, with unique content.
Slide 11 Our team is developing oeBook design, enriching its HAPTICs, visuals: for Seamless Acquisition to ETHICAL Web.
- Jari, full stack developer, of UpCode's eWallet: ‘Data driven performance & AI'; oeBook app 'Offline2Online'
- Arsen, AR developer, app demo4non-geeks; oeBook app 'Online2Offline'
- Vladimir, 20 years of info-logistic solutions to ‘35 Million families’ market: crash-checking Proof-Of-Concept
- Jukka, 15 years B2B & B2G sales: sales, pitch & fun videos
- Mimosa, Service Design, thanks to her 3+ years young Service Design agency ideas.
Slide 12 IndiviDUALbook/oeBook (Open Europe book), is on-demand SECURELY printed, at-last-mile, in one copy per user. Dissemination of Open Access to ETHICAL services via NGI Ledger utilizes oeBook cover's human-centric design.
Read MyData Declaration,
join MyData movement, by healthy habit of access to NGInternet in1gesture: via Public Library MyData Label!
More info: Short version: https://github.com/VladiKup/DUALbooks/blob/master/README.md
Team & products video (1 min.): https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=HNdX0Vk1P64
Product 'live' video (2 min.): https://bit.ly/oeBookVimeo
Pitch video (5 min.): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULuOl2GxveM
Product pitch, power point (12 slides): https://bit.ly/oeBookNGILedgerPpT
Product pitch, PDF (12 slides): https://bit.ly/oeBookNGILedgerpdF
**Open Society guru SOROS: "We will not go back to where we were when the pandemic started. But that is the only thing that is certain. I do not think anybody knows how capitalism will evolve. At the present time, people are dominated by fear. And fear very often makes people hurt themselves. That is true of individuals as well as institutions, nations, and humanity itself."
“The proposal IndiviDUAL seems to bridge printed and electronic publications in a way, that offers some of the best features of both worlds. It is fast and easily delivered with no manual work and less carbon footprint as e-book and yet, it still is the “real thing” with its look and feel. To me the grandest achievement of this project is, that it seems to solve the biggest hinder so far: how to handle IPR:s in a fair and legal way from the point of everyone included.
I would definitely like to see this kind of operation in real life, real surroundings.”
Mikko Vainio, Director of Libraries / City of Vantaa & Board member, Library Co-op Vantaa / Vantaan Osuuskirjasto
Helsinki Area, Finland
**** "Some (of 50 organizations currently - and counting - MyData Operators)
allow you to take a digital identity from one company to another without needing to duplicate all the paperwork. Others allow you set-up your browsing consents or preferences just once and have them applied everywhere for you. There are some that help you get work and training more easily by making skills profiles and certificates instantly visible on your command. Some function across sectors at a local level allowing your data to move, with your permission, between organizations to improve public services and transport.
Finally, many streamline the transfer of data, such as health data, to give you more choices about how and from whom you get services, for example, where your prescription is delivered."
Pitch, Version 2 (7 minutes)
MyData IndiviDUALbooks for NGI Ledger dissemination
In time of crisis secure & TRUSTed communication between experts & citizens is paramount.
SLIDE 1 My dear Europeans, This story is how we decided to improve Gutenberg’s era book design, by making books
- Accessible, Available, Affordable 2. Providing for Human Rights, IPR, MyData Rights 3. Readable by content & through images & optical codes: by naked eye & M2M. DUALbooks can be simultaneously PUBLIC good & privately owned, if a user wishes so.
SLIDE 2 WHY do we care about Learning? Our digital behaviour is inherently flawed. It was ‘top-down digitized’ by GAFAM conquistadors, since they conquered our digital spaces - and is worsened by this crisis. We are digitized by FEAR, for surveillance. Digital gap & disTRUST to public governance grow: by over half of Finns, last year. What if we could redesign Learning, without Fear?
SLIDE 3 We are Smart Paper team, so we provide eco-friendly paper for book covers, that we redesigned for improved Learning in digital times. IndiviDUAL book dust jacket may work as a double-use envelope, for books circular economy beyond library walls, home delivered directly from a book production site. œ is short for OpenEurope books. Indie is short for Independence & creativity, DUAL means TWO-products-in-ONE: physical AND Digital. This is oeBook prototype that I GIFTed to the local library in Espoo, one of the most innovative cities in the world. Espoo city-as-a-service concept helps to R&D our Bœks4digital-habits approach. Physical in touch & feel, Digital means book can be peer2peer adjusted, e.g. in Accessible Format for Visually Impaired People – to improve their limited access to Learning.
SLIDE 4 We re-designed public library books for our hyper-connected times: oeBook is printed on-demand, user context-adjusted, if the required book is not available in a local PL.
SLIDE 5 The INDIVIDUAL Bœk SMELLS DIGITALLY PL patron’s needs, when she sends Bœk2print. Paraphrasing the book title Gutenberg Galaxy
- what comes next: HUMANE Galaxy or Surveillance closet – it depends also on how we communicate, via PL OpenEurope Bœks – or GAFAM dominated? Will we further accept Google+Apple GIFTs4Surveillance under-my-skin as Harari called it; -or we adhere to ETHICAL practices of MyData expert community & NGI, in1click at oeBook?
SLIDE 6 Back from philosophy to people’s practical needs, cost & benefit calculations. A PL patron sends the oeBook to be printed on-demand,
- without any extra action, by contacting a library website or recommendation app
- WHEN a book is NOT Available, from a local library shelf or in Accessible Format. oeBook will be produced in 1 unique copy, e.g. in Large Print, what is not currently possible for libraries, though Large Print may cure to 78% of Visually Impaired needs. oeBooks production will be last mile distributed like grocery stores, near PL network sites
- books are home delivered in double-usage dust jacket-envelope, that we designed,
- to save librarians from manual book handling
- and taxpayers - from costs of book inventories inside library walls.
SLIDE 7 And how does MyData brings me benefits from My specific needs & talents? MyData Global is a non-profit org, awarded for human-centric personal data approach, that empowers INDIVIDUALs by benefits from own data ETHICAL processing.
I am a Founding Member of MyData, it helps to leverage our global community expert know-how, for growth & NGI Ledger dissemination, thanks to massive TRUST to public library.
User journey. PL AI recommends the user related MyData Use Case, thanks to PL patron loans data. oeBook with user data is peer-to-peer shared offline, by post, thus data is not-hackable on-line.
Recommendations & expert advice may be printed inside a book or at user screen. The MyData Button’s 2D-code is private key encryption token, that e.g. secures author royalties in1click, via MyData Creative Passport application. Also for Self-Sovereign-Identities, blockchain and multiple other apps.
MyData sticker is human eye & M2M readable Label, for secure access to book content, also for Blind people, with text-to-speech laser-engraved tactile security number.
Future oriented 4TheNakedApproach like washable tattoo with My eWallet at my fingertip, for beach or sauna service
SLIDE 8 A Challenge. How2explain to PL decision makers, that legacy book business is not conform any longer to hyper-connected world; that public servants may improve society by our win-win-win solution, to abide Accessibility Law & to lessen costs?
So, we offer them book covers, made from Finnish recyclable material Paptic. PL’s replace plastic lamination & manual jobs; to protect books from wear&tear in eco-friendly way.
And I wish to share my joy: last week Vantaa City, CEO of PL, approved our oeBooks idea.
SLIDE 9 UpCode is a Finnish company’s 10+ years working mobile code system, SECURE dynamic 2D codes, that may replace insecure, like Chinese, QR-codes vulnerable to viruses& surveillance The ‘Sticky Habit’ of 1clickAccess to the NGI Ledger provides safe surfing in #TheNewWeb.
SLIDE 10 Impact:
- we open Access to Learning for VIP, 90% under-served, limited to audio-book Format
- it saves about 15% library costs, freeing librarians to fulfil their main mission: to curate collections for unique needs of unique library patrons. A patron may
- keep oeBook at home for good,
- share it to the next person who needs this book
- send oeBook to recycling. All that via postal service,
- Free of charge and seamlessly - in one click, at MyData button.
Our team is developing oeBook design, for Seamless Acquisition to ETHICAL Web.
• Jari, full stack developer, UpCode eWallet; oeBook app 'Online2Offline'
• Arsen, AR developer, oeBook app 'Offline2Online' for fun of non-geek users;
• Vladimir, 20 years of info-logistic solutions to ‘35 Million families’ market: crash-checking Proof-Of-Concept • Jukka, 15 years B2B & B2G sales: sales, pitch & fun videos • Mimosa, Service Design, thanks to her 3+ years young Service Design agency ideas.
SLIDE 12 MyData IndiviDUALbooks reduce epistemic inequality, disseminate Ethical digital practices, raise Accessibility of Learning.
Join MyData movement for personal empowerment, read paper books, at least one page in the evening bed, it helps to sleep tight,
and access secure NGI in one click at PL book sticker.
For the Better world, at My Fingertip.