We were inspired by the social fitness network Strava that is primarily used to track cycling and running exercises, using GPS data. We wanted to extend the concept behind Strava to an efficient driving system where people are encouraged to optimise average monthly fuel consumption on certain stretches of a route.
What it does
- Encouraging people to have an efficient drive via a leaderboard.
- Companies sponsor the challenge for a particular route.
- Cars/drivers undertake it.
- Every month all users on a particular route is evaluated in the form of a leaderboard based on the average fuel consumption on that route.
- The user with least fuel consumption (present at the top of the chart) receives a token.
How we built it
- Python Flask (WIP)
- deploy the smart contract
- add User: adding a new user to the app
- add route: new challenge route is added to the system
- subscribe to the route: user subscribing to the challenge
- add drive to route: user drives along the subscribed challenge
- get the average fuel consumption score for the subscribed route
- transfer rewards (tokens) at the end of the month
Challenges we ran into
- New topic -- new concept & technologies (Solidity, Blockchains etc.)
- Integrating backend and frontend
- Sleep deprivation, not enough pizza ;)
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Our awesome team! B-)
- Successfully deploying a smart contract using ethereum
- Surviving the Hackathon ;)
What we learned
- Concepts of Blockchain, Ethereum, Smart contracts
- Flask, webapps
What's next for IncentiDRIVE
- This can be extended as tokens for sustainable charging of electric cars