The paper schedule of what Husky Hacks 2017 had planned out and how I wanted to put that on my calendar.
What it does
Take a picture of your favorite event details. Using text recognition, inCalendar will print out the contents of the photo where you can seamlessly copy over to the given text fields. Once you're done, tap Add to Calendar and your event details are on your calendar! Simple as that.
How I built it
- Google how to make an iOS app
- Look up some text recognition libraries compatible with swift -- Tesseract
- Plan out the flow for the app
- Open XCode
- Code code code
- Google why errors are appearing
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until satisfied
Challenges I ran into
- Learning curve of app development on XCode.
- Working through errors that I didn't really understand.
- Having to update my laptop and XCode in order to build to my phone (took 1+ hours).
- Keyboard overlapping text fields.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- My first self made iOS app.
- Stepping out of my comfort zone to work on something I've been meaning to try out.
What I learned
Swift and XCode's error logging is confusing, but all in all I had a good time. Hip hip horray for working product!
What's next for inCalendar
- Auto resizing of image view.
- Make it less manual (take a picture and it'll autofill some data).