We were inspired by the challenge of the hackathon and we wanted to try out IPFS. After brainstorming alot, we recognized the need for a better way to store evidences which are collected and presented to the judge in a lawsuit. We decided to use the immutability of Interplanetary File System (IPFS) to maintain the authenticity of evidences.
What it does
We have come up with a solution that will allow court proceedings to be stored digitally on IPFS decentralized storage with every record stored on the ethereum blockchain. We have 3 main users, one is the admin(or the state), judge, and lawyers. Every one of them can register themselves on our platform and can log in to a particular case(which they have access to) and get the corresponding files.
We maintain the authenticity of documents by storing it on the Inter Planetary File System.
How we built it
We've embraced react in our frontend to make the UI - simple, intuitive with modularity and customisability. IPFS is a major part in the application where all the evidences are processed and stored. We are currently trying to use libp2p in our project.
Challenges we ran into
- The toughest task of this project was to maintain security and provide access control mechanisms.
- We are beginners to blockchain, hence it was challenging for us to find resources and implement within the time limits of the hackathon.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Developing a decentralized application using IPFS
- Time Management and Team Collaboration
What we learned
- Integration of IPFS in web
- We learnt about the use case of libp2p and also a bit of FileCoin.
What's next for Immutable - IPFS for storing authentic evidences
- Using FileCoin instead of Ethereum.
- Making a more intensive web application with secure authentication and user management.