Hello, We are RPA developers from the Netherlands, Erik van Gemert and Anatoly Chernenko. We created a custom connector to IBM Watson Personality Insights Service for UiPath RPA
What is IBM Watson Personality Insights?
IBM Watson Personality Insights makes possible to rapidly build cognitive, cloud-based exploration applications that unlock insights hidden in unstructured data, including your own proprietary data, as well as public and third-party data. For complete reference follow the link https://console.bluemix.net/docs/services/personality-insights/index.html#about
How it is meant to function: Provide a text file with text written by a person of interest and get back response including ratings such as Agreeableness, Conscientiousness, Extraversion and Openness. Raw output as plain text is also provided.
How it may be applied to other use cases: You can use the service for variety of purposes. For example, you can build a bot to read emails and “figure out” likelihood that a person would buy your product.
How to use connector: Before you begin:
- Create an instance of the service - go to the Personality Insights page (https://console.bluemix.net/) in the IBM Cloud Catalog.
- Sign up for a free IBM Cloud account or log in.
- Click Create.
- Copy the credentials to authenticate to your service instance:
- From the IBM Cloud dashboard, click on your Personality Insights service instance to go to the Personality Insights service dashboard page.
- On the Manage page, click Show to view your credentials. Copy the username, password, and url values.
Installing the package:
- Download IBM Watson package (.nupkg) file from Git repository to a local folder.
- In UiPath Studio go to Manage Packages, right click on packages and select Configure Sources. You should be able to add your local folder as a custom source. Give your source a name.
- Click Available, you will see your custom source next to Local, Gallery and Community. Now click on your source and select IBM Watson. Click Install. Once you complete all steps you should be able to see IBM Watson in activities pane. Now it is ready to use.
- Create a sequence and pick IBM Watson>Watson Personality Insights activity.
- Define properties to run the activity. Use login and password you created in before you begin section. Provide path to your text file.
- Define output variables, create a variable for raw output and assign it.
- Add log activity to show raw output value.
- Run the sequence, you should be able to see contents in the output pane.
To verify outcome, you can use IBM Watson Personality Insights Service online https://personality-insights-demo.ng.bluemix.net/