We wanted to see if sleep patterns could be mapped to mood so that if they do, we could use the sleep pattern to predict an onset of negative emotion. We wanted to make something that would allow the user to realize when depressive symptoms would occur so that they can mitigate the symptoms.
What it does
It displays the amount of hours slept per day in the form of a bar chart, and on top of the bar chart it displays a line graph. The line graph is composed of daily mood data points. A daily mood data point is a rating of how the user felt the most that day with the following options: 1 = VERY not happy, 2 = not happy, 3 = content, 4 = well, 5 = everything is AWESOME.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
- Since it was Rebecca's first time making a CSS file, there was a learning curve in order to obtain the formatting desired.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- creative story line for our about page
- using highcharts to display the data nicely
What we learned
- Rebecca learned that she really enjoys front end development.
What's next for I Can Haz Sleep?
- Implementation of t-tests to compare the means of two different weeks so that we can see if there is a statistically significant difference in the average amount of sleep per week. This way if there is a significant difference, we can see if our mood was any different between the two weeks.