Most lecture and presentation slides are boring and painful. Most people don't want to put the work into making them presentable, readable and beautiful.
What it does
Hyperslides allows anyone to use a set of preset slides to create beautiful presentations and lectures. Think powerpoit + graphic design with Google Docs features. On the website, you can design and modify the elements of your slides to what you need. We've made it so that people can work on it collaboratively.
How I built it
We built the core features for hyperslides from the ground up using Meteor. You'll see the reactive canvas/slide elements are all just objects saved into a collection and many of the styling features are Meteor methods or meteor collection updates. Hope you like it!
List of packages: note: for Hackathon purposes we decided to use packages (like autopublish) that allowed us to ship a uniquely featured product that shows off meteor's strengths (e.g. proof of concept --> app in super fast time)! We'll make sure we remove these unsafe things soon enough!
- autopublish 1.0.4 (For prototyping only) Publish the entire database to all clients
- blaze-html-templates 1.0.1 Compile HTML templates into reactive UI with Meteor Blaze
- ecmascript 0.1.4* Compiler plugin that supports ES2015+ in all .js files
- es5-shim 4.1.13 Shims and polyfills to improve ECMAScript 5 support
- fourseven:scss 3.2.0* Style with attitude. Sass and SCSS support for Meteor.js (with autoprefixer and sourcemaps).
- insecure 1.0.4 (For prototyping only) Allow all database writes from the client
- iron:router 1.0.12 Routing specifically designed for Meteor
- jquery 1.11.4 Manipulate the DOM using CSS selectors
- meteor-base 1.0.1 Packages that every Meteor app needs
- mizzao:jquery-ui 1.11.4 Simple lightweight pull-in for jQuery UI in Meteor
- mobile-experience 1.0.1 Packages for a great mobile user experience
- mongo 1.1.1* Adaptor for using MongoDB and Minimongo over DDP
- session 1.1.1 Session variable
- standard-minifiers 1.0.0* Standard minifiers used with Meteor apps by default.
- tracker 1.0.8* Dependency tracker to allow reactive callbacks
- twbs:bootstrap 3.3.5 The most popular front-end framework for developing responsive, mobile first projects on the web.
- underscore 1.0.4 Collection of small helpers: _.map, _.each, ...
Our team @ 3am Sydney time