House of Languages - is a new way to learn English - German - Spanish languages. App specially created to show VR opportunities of study.
NEW WAY TO LEARN LANGUAGES: In front of you is friendly Mr. Woo and a room full of everyday 3D objects. Your task is to help Mr. Woo to find what he needs.
So while helping Mr. Woo, you will learn foreign words in an interactive VR environment. The 3D items in the room become alive and tell you their name to help you to improve your language skills.
- Look around via head tracking, tap via touch pad to pick the item.
- Controller is not necessary. Simple to play - simple to remember!
UNIQUE MECHANICS: Use your perceptual system to study languages:
- VISION: see the name of object;
- SOUND IN: hear the name of object;
- SOUND OUT: say the name of object;
- TOUCH: touch the 3D object in VR.
Hidden-Object genre for interactive studying.
INNOVATION & USEFULNESS House of Languages is a highly-effective App for learning new vocabulary using several channels of perception in VR. We believe it is the most effective way of learning foreign words.
FUTURE POTENTIAL We are planning to create different locations with different objects (words) to study.
- For example: kid’s room, garage, hospital, airport, shop and many more.
- We will add more languages and levels so you can choose the best option for you.
Our main goal is to create a beautiful and comfortable VR environment for you to discover, interact, learn and enjoy.
P.S. We would like to collaborate to create new educational products for kids, adults and change the way people learn languages. It can be a great educational instrument for millions of people around the world, who want to get started and broaden their vocabulary which is a foundation for every language.
Whether you are a kid or adult - it’s a great, relaxing and fun way to learn languages!
Working Thread: https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=22268&start=60
Video Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJiy3YEVde8&feature=youtu.be