Imagine visiting a doctor is like going to a DMV..
Unfortunately that is the reality in many of the developing economies. When patient has to see a doctor, front desk gives them paper token, and patient has to wait on-premise until your number is called.
I have personally experienced waiting hours to see doctor, when I took my elderly to the doctors in India.
What it does
We bring virtrual front-desk to 1 billion facebook messenger users across the world through text and natural language processing.
- Look up a provider,
- add yourself to the wait-list,
- get notified just-intime.
- Rate the provider.
Ratings can't gamed, only authentic visits will be able to rate the service, hence more reliable compared to the old products like Yelp.
How I built it
- Create a Facebook App and Page
- Setup Webhook 3.Subscribe the App to the Page
- Receive Messages
- Implement structured messages and Postbacks
Challenges I ran into
-Needed SSL certificate to enable https for my server.
- Understanding intents and entities as part of Natural language processing.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
Implemented rich message bubbles, please see the screenshot.
What I learned
How to build a bot
What's next for hostbuddy
Instant access to health records, which could save money, and even save lives