Categories: Best Overall, Best Beginner, Best Startup
- It is difficult for patients to know whether hospitals near them have space available.
- If patients only find out a hospital is at full capacity when they arrive, it wastes time that could mean life or death in emergency situations.
- Hospitals need a channel to share resources and know which medical supplies to send over.
🏥 What it does
Hospital Help allows hospitals to enter in their current resources, capacity, and staff count. This allows hospitals to manage and view their resources. Hospitals can see the information of other hospitals that are in a close enough vicinity. This allows for hospitals to notify nearby hospitals if they need resources immediately if they are at full capacity, or low on staff. This allows for hospitals to check on one another & help make each other stronger. This will not only help our healthcare system, but also every patient that comes through every hospital's door. Allowing hospitals to explore the needs & resources of their hospital and those in their vicinity.
🎨 How we built it
We first brainstormed potential Web & Mobile apps that we can create. We then chose which ideas were the most feasible to create. We then worked on branding (logo, color, and typography). We started designing on Figma & working on the business plan.
😢 Challenges we ran into
We're all relatively new to hackathons. It was quite hard coming out with an idea to design on Figma since we are relatively new to designing on Figma. We also struggled with implementing all the features we had in mind due to the time constraint.
🏆 Accomplishments that we're proud of
We're proud of completing our first hack (for some of us). I think we did well due to the circumstances. We were able to make a fully clickable/interactive prototype on Figma and make & record a good pitch.
📖 What we learned
We learned how to ideate/plan, create, and produce a mobile app on Figma. We learned how to prioritize certain features (MVP) and manage time to make sure all parts of my project were completed.
🚀 What's next for Hospital Help
- Partner with a web and/or mobile developer to bring the designs to life.
- Make a web version and/or extension
- Implement a feature for hospitals to collect donations from the general public or other organizations.