Hop Skip Jump
We are extending the idea of a journey planner to allow a user to enter multiple sites they want to visit in day, with some constraints - eg be at point C before 3pm.
We created an algorithm to explore all the possible journey leg orders and combinations, and suggest itineraries that satisfy the constraints and are optimised for minimal transport times.
- Tia is traveller from overseas who arrived in Auckland yesterday. It is her first time in NZ. She has a few days to explore Auckland before heading off to the South Island. She wants to vist a number of sites each day, but doesnt want to spend a long time planning all the logistics of travel in a foreign city. She wants to be able to quickly enter a number of locations in the trip planner, and get info back such as
- How long it takes to get between each site
- How connected each site is, what are the wait times/frequencies
- Whether or not there is an optimal order to vist each site based on wait or travel times
- What modes of transport are availble between each leg
- And all the other details
- Andrew is an Auckland resident who does not own a vehicle. Similar to Tia above, he has a number of locations he needs to vist across Auckland during the day - say a dentist appointment, a shopping trip, and visiting a friend in a distant suburb. Andrew wants to be able to simply enter the intended destinations, specify some constraints - (eg must be a dentist before 11am) have the computer return a list of optimal travel itineraries....
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.