Designed for care givers, to quickly and accurately find resources to aid in the care of the homeless.
Website Url: https://homelessreach.info
Version 1.0 offers:
- Searchable information on Homeless Shelters and Bed Availability (bed data available for NJ only (at this time))
- Transportation information including nearby Bus and Train stops
- Food Resources including Food Banks and Soups Kitchens
- Legal Resources based on Veteran Administration Accredited lawyers
- Health and Mental Care facilities from data supplied by SAMSHA
- VA Facility information
- Hotline information for national help and local assistance phone numbers
- Employment Information – including Employment Assistance resources and an aggregated search capability of Jobs across NRD, CareerBuilder, Indeed, SimplyHired and CareerJet
- Alert and Push Notification capability – Allowing the Care Giver to subscribe to and be notified when beds are available at selected shelters.
- Detailed information about the place such as links to their websites, phone numbers, contact information, email addresses when the information is available.
- Integration with Google Places
- Searching for resources can be done by current location or by full or partial address (state, city, zip)
- Can search for a specific resource by name using the name search field
- Can search for resources within a given radius of current location or entered address
- Search criteria allows a care giver to quickly narrow the results to be specific to the needs of the person seeking help. Such as searching for a specific type of shelter bed, only finding shelters with availability, searching for specific shelter types.
- Ability to load the web pages from the app
- Ability to place phone calls to the places
- Ability to email contacts
- Get directions to a returned resource or place based on the starting search address or current location