Holo | Scholar
This project tackles the problem of incorporating interactive elements into traditional educational materials.
Many people find it easier to learn from a physical book in their hands than a PDF, website, or app. However, choosing physical over digital precludes the possibility for interactive elements in learning resources. Holo | Scholar endeavors to fill this gap.
Holo | Scholar is a mixed-reality solution using the Microsoft HoloLens to display dynamic, interactable content that has been "embedded" into a physical resource. In its complete implementation, Holo | Scholar would consist of:
- installations in educational institutions such as schools, universities, and libraries, and
- partnerships with publishers to integrate mixed-reality elements into their textbooks, journals, or other publications.
Next steps for development include:
- Incorporating image/tag recognition to contextualize interactive elements
- Building a UWP app to house the compiled application
- Hunting bugs and documenting code ## Components
- ModelBank: C# object-oriented resource location indexing-by-page solution
- Holo | Scholar App: Unity-based HoloLens integration ## Contributors
- Maxwell Hunsinger
- Angus L’Herrou
- Viking Mayor