We wanted to create a product that helps encourage children's curiosity, especially by using images. The idea came from kids going to a zoo and just wanting to know what everything was. We help provide them with information in an easy and kid-friendly way
What it does
For our application, the child just has to provide us with an image link and we provide them with information (definition, fun facts) in an easy to use link so they can learn more in a smaller amount of time.
How we built it
We created the website in HTML/CSS and the APIs and web scraping in Python.
Challenges we ran into
- Trying initially to create it in an android app (failed to build the environment)
- Use Python's RESTful API framework and passing data to the front-end.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Finished our project and put it to the demo stage.
- Decent UI Design
What we learned
- We used about the versatility of Clarifai's API
- Python CGI, jQuery, Ajax, send HTTP request and retrieve data
What's next for Hi World!
- Upload image
- Video frame catching and content recognition.