Our site's register for a test page. It features a button that will redirect to a site that will allow users to register for tests.
Covy — our site's resident chatbot. By pressing the ask a question button, users can speak and ask a question. Covy will speak back.
Our website's home page.
Our site's local testing center page. From this page, users can see info about nearby COVID testing centers like eligibility, hours, etc.
A chart of Covid case increase around the world. It can also be changed to show case increase for individual countries.
Our website's CT Lung classifier page. Users can upload a local image of a CT lung scan for Classification as COVID infected or normal.
An additional part of the info page. It displays a table of COVID cases for each country, along with percent increase in case numbers.
Our website's info page. It can display a heatmap of COVID hotspots around the globe.
We wanted to go beyond a typical information website and make it interactive through utilizing different forms of user engagement. We also wanted to provide a place where users can come for accurate and reliable info, rather than reading misinformation about COVID on other sites with political agendas.
What it does
Our website includes 5 different functions.
- A Local Testing Site Page where users can see the different testing sites for each state and get information such as phone number, hours, facility, address, city, and website.
- A Machine Learning Lung Scan model which informs the patients whether they have COVID-19 based on a lung scan that they upload.
- An FAQ bot which uses voice recognition to analyze and output answers to the user's questions about COVID.
- A page which shows the live stats of COVID-19 such as number of affected and number of deaths.
- A page which allows user to register for a test by redirecting them to a registration page.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
- Gathering all the data of COVID testing centers into a csv and then displaying them.
- Some challenges with the FAQ bot was trying to make the bot understand the voice of the user and respond correctly.
- Making the database of questions that the FAQ bot would use.
- Training the model with limited cpu and gpu power
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Successfully implementing an interactive interface.
- Gathering as much data as possible.
- Making the web application as user friendly as possible.
- Implementing a chatbot.
- Implementing a Deep Learning model on the web.
- Developing a whole backend to the website with no prior knowledge
What we learned
What's next for the Covid interactive guide
- Make Covy more reliable
- Increase the accuracy of the machine learning model
- Allowing people to input their location and getting the test centers closest to them.