We wanted to make something fun and useful.

How it works

Our app uses multiple API's and an algorithm to replace adjectives in a sentence with appropriate synonyms and related words. We also will modify simple sentence structures.

Challenges I ran into

Our thesaurus API was heavily lacking and had many poor synonyms and unrelated words. We had to deal with multiple different types of data formats and issues of repetitiveness, optimization, and word classes.

Accomplishments that I'm proud of

Our whole project, especially the adjective replacing algorithm.

What I learned

This was our first ever web app so we learned how to use API's, python, flask, and many other things.

What's next for Heavy Moose Text Modifier

We have almost completed a basic sentence structure modifier that we wish to improve.

Share this project: