We wanted to tackle a more serious, real world problem and thought helping people diagnose health problems with augmented reality would be an interesting project idea.

What it does

It is a Android app that helps diagnose diseases in both a 2D and augmented 3D environment. On a 2D or 3D model of the human body, by selecting the area of pain or discomfort corresponding to the users pain areas, it will bring up potential diseases that could be the cause of the users pain.

How we built it

We used Android Studio for most of it, and used ARCore and OpenGL for the augmented reality portion.

Challenges we ran into

We had trouble understanding how to use AR for what we needed it to do.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

We have a working app by the end

What we learned

We learned more about OpenGL and augmented reality.

What's next for HealthAR

Improving the AR part

Share this project: