CONFIRMATION: We are an officially registered team for Melbourne Hack 2021 Kumaraguru T Bhuvanesh T G
We wanted to help developers, IT workers, gamers and everyone who uses computer continuously for a long time by making this project. Health Pal is a health companion which can run on almost any desktop!
What it does
Health Pal is a cross-platform desktop application that takes care of your health when you work on your computer.
Using Deep Learning - we periodically monitor the user for detecting :
- Heart beats per minute (BPM)
- Body posture
- Screen time
Additionally, we also have features like :
- Mood based songs (Plays a motivational song if you look sad)
- Desktop notifications where you have a bad posture
- Data visualization as graphs
How we built it
We built the desktop application using Electron JS. We also used a Flask server to perform the image processing (OpenCV) and Deep learning (PyTorch)
Challenges we ran into
- Time management was the hardest
- We had very less time left for making the video and we couldn't really cover all the features in it.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Team work
- Having a project submitted successfully.
- We are really satisfied with the outcome of our project in such a short time!
- This is one of the most technically complex projects we've worked on!
What we learned
- We learnt Electron JS.
- We got to know about PyTorch.
- Got an idea of how to use Flask along with Electron.
- Data visualization using JS.
- Packaging and exporting an electron project as executable
- We learnt really alot about image processing with OpenCV.
- We discovered some really cool npm packages!
What's next for Health Pal - Health Companion At Your Laptop
- Better UI
- Improving accuracy with the model
- Making it more accessible and intuitive