- Chess being a game which teaches strategy and patience, is an healthy distraction from present trauma that people may be experiencing during these tough times.
What it does
- platform for analyzing and playing Chess with your friends locally and online.
How we built it
- ReactJS from Client interface.
- SCSS for formatting and styling.
- MongoDB for database handling.
- Socket.io/Axios for client-server interaction.
Challenges we ran into
- lack of time.
- managing the bugs and errors in the project.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Custom made drag-drop feature for piece and images.
- Collaboration with teammates.
- Finishing the project in time.
What we learned
- gained experience in MERN stack.
- using Socket.io /Axios for server-client interaction.
What's next for HDTV Chess
- Hosting the web application.
- Adding rating for users and leaderboard.
- Matchmaking based on user ratings.
- Chat feature.
- Android/iOS application.
- Playing a computer.