Our team had a very poor track record of finishing assignments on time, we all had a habit for cramming in to the last second. So we set out to fix that.
What it does
Essentially, the tool allows users to split up larger tasks into a smart action plan. Once the user has decided on the subtasks of the overall task, the tool automatically schedules study/work sessions for them on their google calendar -taking into account their existing events- In addition to this, the tool also allocates times for the user in between work sessions for wellbeing.
How we built it
We built our frontend through emberJS and semantic-ui. This connected to our backend API created with standard library (stdlib).
Challenges we ran into
Ember cli proved to be more difficult than we anticipated when it came to integrating with stdlib.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We've managed to create a stable backend API as well as an algorithm for creating and sorting events using the Google Calendar API
What we learned
We've gained a huge insight into full stack development, whereas when we started our team members mostly leaned to one side (frontend or backend)
What's next for havealife
We had to cut down on a lot of functionality in order to make the deadline, mainly on the front-end web-app. In the future we'd like to see better Calendar API integrations, and a few fixes for some of the bugs we couldn't get to during the hackathon.