I've decided it's time to wrap this project up. I managed to clean it up and improve the performance of it, and as I had already done some basic network programming, I saw no learning benefit in implementing the Bluetooth meeting verification system. Therefore, the only major feature that's implemented is the ability to share photos with your classmates, whatever they may be.
Though the presence of a single feature (which can be used for things other than what it's intended for as it's simply a photo sharing mechanism) limits the scope of the app, I've learned so much from making this. The most important things I've learnt are to do are systems related - for instance, memory management (on a mobile / garbage collected environment) or NoSQL database structuring / querying.