Pilgrims come from countries all over the world, each with their own currency and preferred ways of payment. However, currently available payments method are very expensive with the high currency rates. Not to mention the hassle of carrying cash during Hajj. Unfortunately, current solutions can be inconvenient or even wasteful of money. That is why we created a solution that solves all of these issues and provides more features that were not even possible before.
What it does
Pilgrims will be able to have an account on the app that they can charge with our virtual currency (Hajj Coins), which will then enable them to pay for their purchases. And that can be done by simply scanning a QR code with an authentication feature, that ensures an easy and secure paying experience. With more and more pilgrims using our app, we will be able to collect valuable data, that is unobtainable with current methods, which can be used to better understand the pilgrims behavior to further improve their Hajj experience.
- We used an open source QR reader skeleton
- We used a QR generator API
- Google's Firebase was used to manage the back-end and the authentication process
What is done so far
- The user interfaces both users (buyer and seller) are completed
- The QR codes generating and reading functionalities are completed
- The authentication functionality is completed