Authors: Huong Nguyen, Cullin Lam, Kody Thach, Son Nguyen
An enhanced music player built with ReactJS, Genius, UrbanDictionary, Spotify API.
- To build a music player that allows users to quickly stream, lookup lyrics, and meaning of particular words. In particular, we decided to use the UrbanDictionary API to define slang words that are found commonly in today's popular songs and lastly Spotify API to stream music.
- With sites such as Genius and a plethora of lyrics sites, we decided to combine several of these services into a single streaming music player.
What it does
- Streams music using Spotify API, fetches lyrics via Genius API, and looks up words using Urban Dictionary.
How we built it
- Node Js
Challenges we ran into
- Using web API's
- learning how to use React
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We were able to implement the player with Spotify and the Urban Dictionary API.
What's next for Hadu
- Incorporate Genius API,
- Provide option to define words with other services such as Wiki
- Allow user login with Oauth so the whole song can be streamed
- Improve look and feel
How to run
git clone https://github.com/kidculli/SharkHackUrbanGenius.git
- Open a browser and go to localhost:8080