Meet the Parents
Moms and dads get a chance to connect with other parents:
- who share common interests with them
- who have kids of similar ages and
- who are nearby!
Why it's great
Parenting is tough
Connect with other parents:
- local support
- And de-stress!
- Login via facebook
- Swipe: Right - Like, Left - Pass
- Suggestions are based on common interests, proximity and age of kids
- Chat with new friends and arrange meetups
The backend is developed using Maven (a build automation tool). It is split into a parent project, and four modules (models and end points). The mobile application makes use of the backend through REST services, and is developed using React native.
- User: End points for getting user/child info, friends, likes and rejects
- Recommendation: Endpoint for recommending other users who match the current user
- Asset: Endpoints for uploading/removing media(images).
Code quality principles
Truly object oriented programming. We don't tolerate/minimize the use of:
- Global variables/procedure)
- Public static/class methods or attributes
- Implementation inheritance
- Flow control statements (for, while, if, switch)
- Type casting
- Backend: Checkstyle, FindBugs, PMD, XML validation, Maven dependencies analysis
- Frontend: JsLint
- Commit often, release soon
- Development Environment