Inspiration

We decided that the LogApps challenge would be a good challenge that would let us use and grow our skills.

What it does

It takes a text file and analyzes its verbs and sentence objects while converting all verbs into the present tense. It then splits them off into paragraph numbers, sentence numbers, verbs, and objects to be compiled into two separate tables to display.

How we built it

We utilized nltk's modules to help count and sort the text information, and then imported a texttable module to help construct the tables.

Challenges we ran into

It was quite difficult to figure out how to identify and isolate the objects with their correct verb.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

We made a nice web page and we're proud of the code that we wrote. We're not Dirty Dan!

What we learned

We learned a lot more about git, version control, importing modules, and html coding. Also, we explored a lot of nltk implementations during the hackathon!

What's next for HackSlingingSlackers

TribeHacks 4!

Built With

Share this project:

Updates