A fork of NUSMods with an automatic timetable arranging function. Just what you always wanted! Just click the Generate Timetable button on the home page, and choose your options!
Setup with Vagrant
$ pip install ansible $ vagrant up
Once it's up, do a
vagrant ssh to enter the development environment.
Setup without Vagrant
Install the necessary packages.
$ npm install -g bower grunt-cli $ npm install $ bower install
If you are working on
news.php, make a copy of
/app/config/secrets.json.example in the same directory and call it
secrets.json. Add your Facebook App credentials into the file
Building for Development
$ grunt serve
Building for Production
To get a complete, minified, production build under
Alternatively, a version that ignores jshint warnings:
$ grunt build
Deploying to Production
Change the host in the production inventory file
execute the Ansible playbook against it:
$ ansible-playbook provisioning/production.yml -i provisioning/production
Working with the NUSMods API
NUSMods is set up to work with the remote API at http://nusmods.com/api/ by default. To work with a local copy of the API:
$ git submodule update --init $ cd api $ npm install $ grunt
The development server serves the files generated in
/api/, so change
app/config/application.json to point to
- PHP for export, URL shortening, redirect and Facebook API proxy scripts.
- YOURLS for URL shortening.
- wkhtmltopdf and wkhtmltoimage for pdf and image export. Using the static binaries is suggested, as compiling with all the features of the static build needs a custom patched version of QT, which takes a long time to build.
- Facebook PHP SDK for Facebook API proxy.
- To install the PHP dependencies, simply do:
bash $ composer install
Copyright (c) 2016 NUS Modifications. Licensed under the MIT license.