We were excited to do a project that allowed us to try create something new, based on existing technologies. We hadn't seen something like this done before and it seems like it has the potential to considerably enhance the dining/drinking experience, in the very near future.
What it does
We wanted to create a Robo-Bar-Server(), we came at it from a practical view point. Seeing the technology that was offered to us and building on that. Though we would be interested in implementing a speech recognition service for the robot. Although at this early phase, and with limited time, this was slightly hard to implement.
How we built it
We took a lot of the basic code given to us by Segway, and tried to built on top of it. This gave us quite a few of the basic technologies, but with room to improve dramatically. Many of which were fledgling at best, and were in need of intelligent coordination.
Challenges we ran into
Originally we wanted to add bluetooth functionality, but we ran into some API version constrictions. We weren't particularly well versed in Android programming, so we had to do a lot of trial and error in order to deliver a relatively polished product. We all brought different skills and successfully working as a team took time, but I think we were able to rise to the challenge.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Making an Android product, that has, conceptually, all the functionality we'd hoped for in a way that would be practical, and has widespread mainstream use.
What we learned
We learned a lot about time management, and working in a constructive goal-oriented way. In particular we learned to work under pressure. Many of the functionalities we wanted to use were not technologies we were particularly well versed in, but I don't think that detracts from our product.
What's next for Hackirific
Sleep (and begging for a Segway of our own from Iteratec)
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.