Geo Spatial Analysis of Open Municipal Data
Try it out here.
- Pre-processing and cleansing of Champaign Municipal Cityworks data
- Geo spatial visualization of service requests (both closed and open) and the amount of time taken to resolve the requests
- The visualizations can be used to keep a track of the following and thereby contribute to improving the efficiency of city services:
- What type of services take up the resources of the city
- Are there a patterns in certain regions?
- Monitring service requests in real-time
Through the visualizations it can be observed that there are patterns in the utilization of resources. Given more data, Machine Learning algorithms can be employed to make predictions regarding allocation of resources. Thus, we can work towards enhancing resource utilization. We believe there is a firm foundation for the Smart Gigabit community to thrive.
- Before starting, please check out the source link mentioned above.
- To build on this project, clone the repo and check out the .R file.
- Requires R version 3.4.3 and the following libraries:
- Also included is an RMarkdown file for interactive visualization
Copyright 2018 Aniket Shenoy, Gaurav Derasaria
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.