- Original need from a SCU alumnus. Go Broncos!
- West Coast Swing is a largely improvisatory dance form, descendent of 50’s Lindy Hop
- Aspiring competitive West Coast Swing dancer who needs a little help finding the "1" at times.
- Dance movements often require knowledge of the specific beat count.
- To find the “1", that means we had to understand beat detection.
- Where is the 1,2,3,4 in music?
- We began an investigation of various algorithms in the context of our musical training and found a very complicated signal processing problem. It led to visualizations in virtual reality and a wearable solution.
Where is Swing Beat headed after the hackathon?
- Create and expand visualizations as works of art.
- Inspire others in making art of their own.
- Help people learn to dance better
- Continued research. Make improvements in real time beat detection algorithms and publish our results.
- Take dance platforms to market.
Note: repository not submitted with permission of hackathon organizers for future development and release