- One thing which we missed most is being able to attend physical concerts and festivals
- During covid, it was difficult to attend live concerts and festivals. With concertland, you can get the experience (virtually of course).
🔍 What it does
Concertland is a game consisting of many games that virtualises what would be experienced in a physical concert but in the comforts of one’s home. Concertland invites you to experience our key events:
- Choose the colour that corresponds to the ticket category
- Engage in a dance battle with your friend! Play side-by-side in this memory game, as you try to beat one another.
- Dancing and just vibing is an essential at concerts:)Take a break from games and head on to the disco-floor! Interact and choose the music you want to dance to!
- Cheering for your favourite performers feels better when you follow the crowd!
- In this game inspired by Tap Tap Revenge (and other rhythm games with a similar concept), press the keys on beat so that you will cheer with the crowd (otherwise, you’ll scream alone awkwardly..).
🔧 How we built it
- Visual Studio Code
- HTML, CSS, JS
- CreateJS, SoundJs
- We just wanted to make something fun for people to play together
🏃♂️ Challenges we ran into
- Brainstorming to decide the types of games and the topic in question took a while as we had to filter from a plethora of music and festival-related activities.
- We wanted to implement an immersive virtual concert experience but were limited by our lack of time.
🏅 Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Made a game that works.
- Integrate our components into 1 continuous experience and host it.
🧠 What we learned
- Learned how to make rhythm games.
- It was pretty challenging
- how to use sprites
⏭️ What's next for concertland
- As it can be seen from our game, it is in its beginning stage where we believe that we can better improve it with more features (listed below).
- Online multiplayer such as to bring about a shared experience and connect one with anyone anywhere around the world
- Opening up game rooms to play with friends
- Online leaderboard which updates regularly to keep one updated
- More engaging games that ensure that we cater to every age group
- Better graphics that give a more immersive experience
- An online shop that enables one to buy collectable online tokens with credits earned from games
- Possibility of holding live concerts as one of the stations that players can visit!