Just wanted to mess around with the google maps api. Also I thought it would be nice to visually see how many hackathons we have going on and where they are in the world.
What it does
This hack shows the location of all the in person hackathons happening right now. Hovering over the pins will display a little bit of information about the hackathon and clicking on it will take you to the hackathon page
How I built it
I used the location information for Devpost hackathons and returned it from a control via an ajax call. The result was then used to construct all the pins and info windows in the google map
Challenges I ran into
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- I got the route to return JSON
- I didn't exceed the limit of calls I'm allowed to make with my key
What I learned
What's next for Hackathon Map
- Integration with the search.
- Centering on the location of the user.
- Optimization for browsers
- A map for where a user has attended a hackathon