of this webApp is a friend, who spent the last 1,5 years in Nepal, investing his time in charityProjects, especially after the earthquake 2015. He raised Money from his homecountry, and organized projects there (he's a building-engineer). He wants to let the donators know, what's happening with their money. In general he had a big demand for some kind of donation and projectmanagement-tool, which let people keep track about their supported projects.
What it does
It's kind of croudfundingplattform including a projectmanagement-tool. An administrator can add projects. Each projects can have unlimited tasks, which needs ressources (Money, Time, People..) A donator can navigate throught the projects and donate - on a particular project itself, or in general.
How I built it
Meteor from Scratch. Autoform was a great help for us. For the UI we used semantic-ui
Challenges I ran into
Our team consists of 2 experienced guys and 2 absolute beginner. A challange was to train them within about an hour the basics of Meteor. At the end everyone was productive, depending on his prior knowledge about js.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
Created a fully working version. Our friend was pretty amazed about this app and the speed of development. He will start to use it very soon.
What I learned
That I can accelerate webdevelopemement pretty much, when having a good knowladge about the Modul-Landscape.
What's next for hack2015
Only the stars will tell.
Upcoming features for this project
- Paypal Plugin for Donations
- Advanced Financial Management
- Wall of Fame for donators (if they want to publish them)
- Milestones for projects - Every project will be organized to Milestones, tasks can be added to them
- Blog for every project, to keep track about the status
- Customisation, so the framework can be used for every kind of charity-fundraising organisation
- accounts-password 1.1.3 Password support for accounts
- accounts-ui 1.1.6 Simple templates to add login widgets to an app
- aldeed:autoform 5.6.1* Easily create forms with automatic insert and update, and automatic reactive validation.
- aldeed:collection2 2.3.1* Automatic validation of insert and update operations on the client and server.
- blaze-html-templates 1.0.1 Compile HTML templates into reactive UI with Meteor Blaze
- dburles:collection-helpers 1.0.3 Transform your collections with helpers that you define
- ecmascript 0.1.5 Compiler plugin that supports ES2015+ in all .js files
- es5-shim 4.1.13 Shims and polyfills to improve ECMAScript 5 support
- fabienb4:autoform-semantic-ui 0.7.1 Semantic-ui template for aldeed:autoform package.
- flemay:less-autoprefixer 1.1.0 The dynamic stylesheet language + Autoprefixer
- iron:layout 1.0.12 Dynamic layouts which enable rendering dynamic templates into regions on a page.
- iron:router 1.0.12 Routing specifically designed for Meteor
- jquery 1.11.4 Manipulate the DOM using CSS selectors
- juliancwirko:s-alert 3.1.1 Simple and fancy notifications / alerts / errors for Meteor
- matb33:collection-hooks 0.8.1 Extends Mongo.Collection with before/after hooks for insert/update/remove/find/findOne
- meteor-base 1.0.1 Packages that every Meteor app needs
- mobile-experience 1.0.1 Packages for a great mobile user experience
- mongo 1.1.2 Adaptor for using MongoDB and Minimongo over DDP
- semantic:ui 2.1.3* Official Semantic UI Integration for Meteor
- session 1.1.1 Session variable
- standard-minifiers 1.0.1 Standard minifiers used with Meteor apps by default.
- tmeasday:publish-counts 0.7.2 Publish the count of a cursor, in real time
- tracker 1.0.9 Dependency tracker to allow reactive callbacks
- yogiben:autoform-map 0.2.0 Edit location coordinates with autoForm
GIT: Pls use latest commit (tasks)
To run the app follow the instructions below: Create a new user claim admin for that user by running Meteor.call('makeMeAdmin','SecretPASS'); populate lists by running Meteor.call('populateLists'); start adding projects by going to /project and beneficiaries on /beneficiary' Enjoy :)
Known bugs: Imageupload for new Projects: It may happen that the image-upload doesnt work at beginning. Didn't figure out why, but after 2,3 attempts it usually works ;) Location for new project: Something went wrong at last changes -> the map-plugin is not able to assign a location