Inspiration

Going through the Docusign API, we were intrigued with its capabilities but felt like we wanted to do something atypical of the standard docusign use case (automating form signatures). So instead, we decided to make a puzzle/escape-room themed game based on the capabilities of the API, as well as our own signature recognition algorithm.

What it does

With a variety of puzzles and games, the experience takes users from level to level, in high difficulty, observation-based gameplay that puts them in the shoes of a hacker aimed at retrieving highly classified data from a high-security machine. Some key features including a forgery attempting simulator, and a fully developed retro arcade game, the experience covers a wide variety of user/game interactions.

How we built it

Using python/pygame for the main infrastructure, the retro game, and a majority of the challenges. We also used a machine learning algorithm that implemented tensor flow in order to maximize accuracy/difficulty when users try forging signatures. Additionally, we implemented the email sending capabilities of the DocuSign API for a variety of interactions with our puzzles, like hints, tips, and tricks.

Challenges we ran into

Had difficulty coming up with a project idea. Knew we had interest in the DocuSign API but were not able to think of something outside of the box enough for us to really enjoy creating, until around halfway through the event.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

We have a highly accurate forgery detection interface, as well as a polished, creatively designed game infrastructure.

What we learned

We learned that there is always a way to make something that may not seem like it has that many out of the box solutions, into something entertaining, and yet useful at the same time.

What's next for Hack the Mainframe

Increasing the amount of puzzles/levels, and incorporating more API's like google voice in order to increase the educational, as well as the entertainment experience of the game.

Built With

Share this project:
×

Updates