What is it?
Hack The Hunt is a Social Engineering game where individuals are rewarded for expanding the player base, collaborating with teammates, and deceiving opposing team members.
- The idea of creating something with viral potential
- The seemingly unused QR system which the Hack The North team had given us on our lanyards
- Creating a game for a specific event and situation
What we're proud of
- Reverse engineering the HTN API for login and user information
- Having complex interactions while keeping the UI simple and beautiful
- Creating an awesome, collaborative game where people are driven to make new friends
- 3/4 of us learnt meteor on the job. That was pretty intense.
- Finishing 8 hours early so that we could run around doing sales
Challenges we ran into
- Working with CORS
- Finding a good QR reader library which worked on iOS and Android web browsers
- Managing the DB
- Explaining the concept