We wanted to make something that'll let people practice self-care & prioritize in their daily routine. We also incorporated the idea that you can learn/gain new habits in 21 days. Lastly, we wanted to replace toxic productivity with health competition & fun. That's why we came up with the idea of HabitX.
💻 What it does
HabitX allows you to enter a self-care task you'll like to get in the habit of doing and tracks your activity for 21 days. You can invite friends to join the task with you. Friends can also chat/note about how they did with the task that day. For example, if the task was to jog for 15 minutes, a friend could note that "I almost tripped and fell. LOL". We also have a "phone a friend" feature. Users can enjoy our AR environment and podcasts with additional background music like rain sounds. Our features allow our users to become a better version of themselves & love themselves even more!
🔨 How we built it
We built the front end using frameworks like:-
• Tailwind Css
The backend/database is built on:-
The site is deployed on:-
• Firebase Cloud
The demo video is edited on:-
• Alight Motion
• Power Director
🧠 Challenges we ran into
• Time differences, we aren't all in the time zones, and the time difference was 8-9 hours between us.
• Time constraints, figuring out how to successfully incorporate all the features we wanted.
• Designing the UI for some of the pages last minute.
• More than half of the team was totally new to react framework, so learning and implementing that was a challenging task for sure.
🏅 Accomplishments that we're proud of
• Finishing on time despite the challenges we faced.
• Creating a web app that allows people to get in the habit of taking care of themselves.
📖 What we learned
• Our team learned a lot about the react framework, and about connecting it with Firebase as backend.
• We also learned many new aspects in UI/UX designing and Video-Editing.
🚀 What's next for HabitX
We'll be actually trying out HabitX for few days with our friends, and see how the experience goes. If we find that it has a big potential, we'll be definitely working on launching it for the general public (after necessary improvements). We'll also try to make an app version to make it accessible to as many people as possible.