Demonstrate the power of Sabre APIs to change business models.
How it works
Tour operators use a simple web interface to create trip "apps". Consumers download the GypsyFeet Travel Marketplace app to find interesting trips & activities. Consumers can easily book these trips using the marketplace app.
Challenges I ran into
Completing the entire set of end-to-end scenarios in the time given was challenging for a 3 person team.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Building a iOS app in 24 hours that shows the power of the marketplace idea.
- Building out the web services required that integrate with Sabre & GetYourGuide.
- Building out the web app for the creation flow.
What I learned
- Learnt various new & powerful APIs - Sabre, GetYourGuide GIATA etc.
What's next for GypsyFeet
- Expose APIs for GDS systems to pull trip information from the tour database that GypsyFeet will have.
- Fare notification & alerts once you have expressed interest in a trip.
- Relevant advertisements once you have expressed interest in a trip.
- Ability to share photos, review and rate trips once you've completed a trip.