Gvidi is an intelligent personal guide to nearby restaurants. The app features a massive directory of bar, restaurant, and cafe locations, photos, and reviews made more intelligent by Gvidi's personalized search score. Based on your searching, location, interests, and social profiles, Gvidi recommends the best restaurants fitting your tastes. Every recommended restaurant is given a percentage score based on its fit to your personal profile and can be filtered across multiple criteria (WiFi, non-smoking areas, working hours, and more).
At a time when the explosion of data around us is making our lives more complex, Gvidi is making finding a place to eat simple.
The Gvidi app features a clean, glossy modern design that lets you easily get recommendations by type of cuisine or location. All recommendations are easily viewed by map and in a detailed list.
Here are some of the great features:
- Detailed database of cafes, bars and restaurants
- Advanced Algorithms for your Appetite - sophisticated algorithms to assess restaurants with your individual tastes and preferences; system-defined generation of precise personalized recommendations
- Handy food venue search by multiple criteria (WiFi, non-smoking areas, working hours, and so on) with the option of sorting the results by recommendations or distance
- Opportunity to see restaurant and cafe photos and reviews, as well as rate places and leave your own comments and photos
- Social tools for communication with friends: information on which cafes, bars and restaurants your friends visit, like and dislike, as well as the opportunity to share your opinion with them both in the app and by posting to your favorite social networks
- Map of food locations nearby, and guided directions to them
- Built-in table booking system (now acting in Russia; other countries to follow soon)
- Unique bonus set of special discounts at cafes, bars and restaurants (now acting in Russia; other countries to follow soon)
History (in a nutshell):
- iOS-app launched in Russia on November 7, 2012;
- iOS-app launched in other Russian-speaking countries in early 2013;
- iOS-app launched in the USA on July 11, 2013 (featured by TechCrunch http://techcrunch.com/2013/07/11/the-russians-are-coming-bearing-an-algorithm-based-restaurant-app-called-gvidi/);
- Android-app launched on July 11, 2013.
Gvidi has just been included in the Top 50 Russian Startup Rating list with a very high index of AA (http://russianstartuprating.ru/top50/). Before that, Gvidi won and became finalist of several startup competitions. In Russia: a) Food Startups, finalist of the pitch contest; b) Apps4All, winner in the Best App Using Google Services on Other Platforms category; c) Startupbootcamp Open Pitch Day, finalist of the pitch contest. International: Tactrick Android Developer Cup, winner in the Best Idea category.