- Securely authenticate using
- Remotely control an office stereo over the web from anywhere
- Listen to almost any song in the Spotify database
- See what songs will play next, and when
- Vote for songs
- See who played what song
- Mock the bad taste of your team
Back Story: Our team has drastically different tastes in music and constantly debates which song to play on the office stereo. By creating a web-based, Go-powered social jukebox, now we can argue about the horrible taste of our coworkers at high scale! This is a distributed application with 3 core components:
- Angular.js single-page UI app
- Go + applescript "remote" that puppets the Spotify binary
- Go API endpoint that manages the shared queue and brokers connections between clients
Inspiration: We were inspired by the fun and simplicity of Go, the ease of use of the Spotify API, and a desire to make fun of each others' musical preferences.
Target user: anyone who works in teams and has ears.