This was a fun project, which we could implement in our own lives. Us being college students, have always been on a tight budget and as such could not afford to waste money on items which we already have.
What it does
we have created an application that queries in your home grocery invetory database and tell that if the item is their in the house or not and if available how much quantity is available. Then user can buy it accordingly.
How we built it
We are using google vision api to detect the image, google cloud storage for storing images and build the backend api using node with typescript. For frontend we used flutter for cross application development.
Challenges we ran into
- searching item in the database based on the tags given by google vision api
- using google cloud as it was the first time we used it in any project
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- usage of google vision apis
- database indexing
What we learned
- google cloud
- managing database in mongodb
- using types effectively in typescript
What's next for grocery-inventory
add the following features
- shopping list
- compare pricing of products