With the increasing demand for grocery items surpassing the ability of stores to restock, many places simply do not have every grocery you need, and that is why we created GrocerEz. GrocerEz allows you to input your grocery list and see the availability of your desired items at local retail stores and ordering services. “Find your groceries with GrocerEz!” While there are apps that check for delivery slots for one specific website, GrocerEz is unique from these solutions because it is able to check the availability of specific items across multiple stores, making it a more personalized and helpful tool for the user. Everyday we watched the news, we saw that people were not able to get the groceries they needed, and in fact had to go to multiple before finding what they were looking for. This puts people at a much higher risk and that's why we created GrocerEz.
The Corona virus has taken the world by storm and changed our entire lifestyle. GrocerEz aims to provide some support not only in these difficult times, but for the future as well. Remember, find your groceries with GrocerEz!
Steps to Use GrocerEz:
- Clone repo
- Open repo in PyCharm (Make sure you have Python 3.7 or higher installed)
- Run npm install Selenium in PyCharm terminal
- Run npm install Flask in PyCharm terminal
- Install and run Chrome driver
- Open the app.py file and edit chrome driver path to where your chrome driver was downloaded
driver = webdriver.Chrome(executable_path=r'C:\PATH_TO_CHROME_DRIVER', chrome_options=chrome_options)
- Run the app.py file
- Open http://127.0.0.1:5000/ in your browser
- Enter your grocery items/zip code and click submit (Based on your internet speed and computing power it will take 30 sec-2 min to finish running)