Greedy and BFS.
What it does
A strategy to win over other snakes.
How I built it
- It is built on the Battlesnake Starter Project, we applied BFS and Greedy algorithm. Then we deploy the server on a home Linux machine.
- Thereafter, we implemented Union-Find Set and other rules to add spatial awareness and tail chase, and also make the snake less greedy.
Challenges I ran into
The snake is too greedy to stay alive.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
Reached Top 1 in the Leaderboard of Rookie Division a couple times, now it stays Top 2.
What I learned
- Learned to implement the Battlesnake API in just a few hours.
- Learned to deploy a web server on a home Linux machine.
What's next for Greedy Snake - One Has No Name
- Optimize the strategy based on the board info including other snakes
- The strategy planning part is very similar to the game Go, probably will use reinforcement learning, which has been approved effective for AlphaGo by DeepMind, to optimize the strategy.