For helping old people in tough times
What it does
Gratitude is an app that is for the old and the needy people. During the period of CoVID, a lot of old people and handicapped ones suffered a lot and they couldn't buy the basic amenities required as well because of their health problems. Gratitude is an app that tries to solve this problem by making a system where volunteers could come and help these people in their day-to-day activities.
Steps for using this app
- Clone this repo using 'git clone'
- Make sure USB debugging and installing is turned on
- Once all dependencies are installed then click on run and that's it
- Java For Android
- Facebook API for Login
Firebase by Google
- Firebase by Google is a very useful tool that helped us a lot to handle the backend part as it made things very easy
- Using Firebase's ML-Kit we were able to make sure that a user is uploading a correct face using face-verification technique ensuring the safety of the person being helped
- Facebook API was mainly used for the register part and we saved users into firebase
- In the future, we plan to give the option to share to Facebook as that would be very helpful