A potential challenge during the pandemic outbreak like COVID19 is overwhelming hospitals. Due to the increase in the number of COVID patients, doctors are giving less attention to a non-COVID patient. Right now, hospitals don't have the capacity for the large number of incoming patients. There is a need for a technology platform which is capable of remote-monitoring and allowing for the engagement of patients in their homes. The capabilities also facilitate communication between quarantined people and the healthcare service and maintain visibility of those recently discharged. This problem is what inspired us to make this user-friendly interface.
What it does
The GoHealth platform offers an ideal way to monitor patients while they are in quarantine. The device hub measures 8 different vitals such as heart rate, temperature, blood pressure, pulse rate, A1C, skin conductance, glucose level, and nasal airflow. The information of the vital signs will be updated via web to the doctors.
How we built it
We used the Google Cloud Platform along with Firebase for this project.
- User Authentication
- Realtime Database
- Store Vital Data and User Information
- Store Information if the user is a Doctor
- Cloud Functions
- Google Maps API
- Google Vision
- Bootstrap Framework
- Use of JQuery
- Use of SmartForm for Contact
- Frontend Framework
- File Management
- Firebase Modules
Alan - A smart assistant that we have built for users to ask simple medical questions. You can ask it I have a Cough and it will respond
Challenges we ran into
There were many challenges we ran into, but that's what programming's all about. One of the difficult challenges we ran into was making sure the UI worked. Another challenge was figuring out how to to extract information from the JSON file to the website.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We are proud of so many things. We made use of this project to the best of our abilities in this 24 Hours of time. We got to use the Google Cloud Platform, which is a first for all of us, we had never used GCP before and now we will continue to use this platform. Additionally, we combined all of our skills to create a website that use multiple frameworks and we are proud of this website. We love the UI/UX and we love the Backend, it was our first time as well using these frameworks. Finally, we are proud of the amount of work we pulled of in 24 hours. We would have never thought we could accmplish this much in such a small amount of time.
What we learned
- Creating realtime databases
- User Authentication
What's next for GoHealth
- Implement Google Assistant instead of Alan (Wider range of possibilites)
- Create a Watch Application (Apple watch and Galaxy Watch) to have realtime data about Vitals
- Implement more Google Cloud Features including Tensorflow AI for medical classification and image classificatin to find various conditions
- Implement a TeleHealth API platform for virtual doctor visits
- Implement Echo AR for human body modeling
- Implement a COVID-19 screener questionnaire for the workplace and schools