hackathon travel planner - go hack yourself!
What it does
Gohack is a web application, built in JS to alleviate the complications associated with planning travel for hackathons around the world. If you've ever tried to attend a hackathon abroad, then you will know that trying to juggle all the constraints in ones head can be difficult. Gohack provides a quick, clear view of hackathons that are approaching, and approximately how much it will cost to get there - and to top it off, we even forward you to skyscanner to book your flights!
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- the relatively robust scraping of MLH and hackathon.com for hackathon information
- the satisfying, responsive design; and eye-catching visuals
- the practical applicability of the product
What's next for gohack
- more filtering tools based on cost, distance, time constraints etc.
- an alert system using twilio (for example) to prompt users about cheap flights opening up for a particular destination/time
- an onboarding system to allow anyone to register their hackathon (which might not be on MLH, for example) with gohack