We witnessed the struggles faced by our family and friends who are overseas. Among these struggles, the one that stood out was a lack of a strong community/ support system, which we felt was absolutely necessary during the first few months of settling down overseas. Therefore, we created an interactive application to provide such a community: Kampung Spirit
What it does?
An interactive application that
- Eases the preparation process of Singaporeans and their family members in moving overseas
- Provides crucial information that can be accessed easily
- Provides a safe community for them to easily seek support during their adjustment period
How we built it
We sought to really understand and define our target users and more importantly, their needs and pain points. From there, we ideated to find possible solutions to solve these pain points. The end result was Kampung Spirit, created using Adobe XD.
Challenges we ran into
Our team, comprising of unique individuals, was new to the concept of Design Thinking. We had to really utilized the workshops provided and tapped on existing resources to come out with Kampung Spirit in 2 days.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We're really pleased and proud that we managed to produce a minimum-viable-product in such a short timeframe.
What we learned
- Sharpening of our Design Thinking Skills
- Technical Skills such as Adobe XD and Vyond
What's next for Glory
Currently, we're seeking feedback on Kampung Spirit in order to improve it and really, give our target users what they need. Feel free to reach out to us!