We heard about Sonar last year on Andrew Turner presentation and we though that we could build a bot that could be setup to work within an organization, so any Esri Customer could launch it own bot easily.
What it does
We will develop a chatbot that allow anyone to query information from public items within an ArcGIS Organization..
How we built it
We have used:
Challenges we ran into
- One of the biggest challenges was to understand how to properly manage of this services together
- We also had to deal with asynchrony issues
- Work with a team 100% remotely
Accomplishments that we are proud of
We are proud we could build this bot which could be re-use and extended by any customer
What we learned
- How to work with api-rest-js
- How to do advanced searches using the REST API
- How read attachments directly from the API and match them with the features
- How DialogFlow works
- How Telegram bots works
What's next for GIS Talk bot
- Improve and add more search terms (and aliases)
- Incorporate more actions (ask about admins, groups, ..., but also help users to start building storymaps, web maps, etc)
- Add images to the telegram cards
- Improve the webhook for other integrations: HTML5 interface, Facebook, Slack, ....
- Finish and test the documentation
- Any ideas?, please help us opening a issue