Inspired by the sky scanner API
It finds a random flight between your parameters and gives you the ability to get these tickets and talks about this country.
Built using ruby and sinatra and some nice (and some not so nice) APIs such as:
- Google Maps
You probably already know the hell of programming
Absolutely everything you can think of went wrong, mainly google maps API forbidding access to our key!
A programmers fairytale ending
But in the end, after about 72 man hours everything works! Even if it could do with a few improvements
Things we've learnt(the hard way):
- If you backdate and it still doesn't work it's the APIs fault (just do it another way)
- APIs solve problems but make just as many
- Compatability is always an issue with a range of devices (We even had to add compatibility gems!)
For the future, you ask? Well, I'm glad you asked! LOTS!! including:
- Looks overhaul making the site much neater and cleaner
- possibly add new features such as cars and hotels
- Add error checking!
- Use a less outdated API source (India was still a british colony!!!)
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.