We were inspired by the lack of understanding we had about our own loans. We decided to create a tool to increase transparency around loans and give students an honest look at life after graduation.
What it does
Game of Loans takes in input from the user about their principal value of the loan and the interest on the loan. It then calculates how long it will take the user to pay it back based on the profession they plan to go into.
How we built it
This app was made with utilizing mainly Android Studio. The main source of data is provided by an open source API provide by The Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Challenges we ran into
- Sending data between activities
- Syntax errors between Java in Android versus regular Java
- Coming up with an efficient algorithm(because loans are complicated)
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- NOT GIVING UP!
- Creating a successful algorithm and GUI
What we learned
- Even if things don't work out, you can compromise
- Federal Loans suck
- GUI's are sick
What's next for Game of Loans
- Interface Java algorithm and API into the app