In a time where you need an account to access almost every service on the web, it can be tough to remember passwords. Using same passwords for many services can lead to security breaches . With the increasing numer of cyber attacks, it is necessary to keep strong passwords and also remember them.
What it does
Forgot Password is a terminal based app that lets you add passwords along with name of services and access them whenever you need. The best part it that it is offline. So you can access your credentials even when you are not able to connect to internet.
How we built it
This app was built using C++. We used Microsoft VS Code as IDE.
Challenges we ran into
- We tried connecting to SQL database and then add the data into a new database but we could not connect it successfully
- Debugging the code was difficult working virtually.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We are proud of being able to put out a working application at the end of this hackathon and come up with a hack for the problem we ourselves face most of the times. We are happy to contribute to a real-life issue using our knowledge and skills.
What we learned
- We learnt the use of command line in creating large projects.
- We learnt adding, removing and editing files using C++ language.
- We learnt cooperation and flexibility of adjusting in the roles according to the needs of team.
What's next for Forgot Password!
- Encrypting the data for ensuring maximum safety of personal credentials.
- Connecting to a database and exporting the data to a central database for better management.